Tableau Server is a software application that makes sharing live,
interactive data visualisations, dashboards, reports and workbooks from Tableau Desktop fast
and easy using a web browser.
It deploys in minutes, and it’s
easy to maintain. It is an effective method to publish data to be consumed with a web
browser. You can embed Tableau views in other web apps such as Microsoft Sharepoint. Securely
distribute analytic information providing dynamic filtering of data based upon the viewer’s
Users can publish and collaborate
via a web browser. Or embed Tableau views in other web applications.
Business users can produce
thousands of reports without the need of IT…and all within your IT
infrastructure. People with Tableau Interactor
licenses can interact, filter, sort and customise views. People with Tableau Viewer licenses
can see and monitor views as published. Your company will be up and running in minutes - and
your group will be sharing and collaborating like never before.
- Fast web analytics.Put live interactive analytics on the web in
- Scales to large data sets.Work with an enormous amount of data.
- Replace or give life to your BI platform.Replace your BI platform completely, or run Tableau in parallel with your
current system. End BI Bloat!
- Built to suit different kinds of users.Provide Interactor licenses to people who want to interact and customise the
views. Provide Viewer licenses to people who just want to view and
- Free training.On-Demand video training.
Tableau Server Summary and Technical
- Delivers web-based analytics from any workbook created by
- Delivered as a complete solution, no other prerequisite
- Connects to all Tableau supported data sources, including
relational databases, multi-dimensional databases and desktop files
- Publish content to the server from Tableau
- Microsoft® Windows® Server 2008, Server 2003 sp1 or higher,
7, Vista, or XP sp3 or higher (see note 2). Compatible with 32- or 64-bit versions of Windows
(see note 1).
- Supports access from Microsoft Internet Explorer 6, 7 &
8, Mozilla Firefox 3.x and higher, Google Chrome and Apple Safari 3.x.
- Supports Microsoft Active Directory, in addition to the
built-in Tableau user system, for user authentication and group membership
- Dual-core, 1.8 GHz or higher minimum recommended
- 2 gigabytes minimum system memory
- 500 megabytes minimum free disk space
- 32-bit color depth recommended
Server Data Sources
- Firebird 2.0 or later
- Hyperion Essbase 7x and System 9 or later
- IBM DB2 8.0 or later (running on pSeries or
- Microsoft Access 2000 or later
- Microsoft Analysis Services 2000, 2005, or 2008
- Microsoft Excel 2000 or later
- Microsoft SQL Server 2000, 2005, or 2008
- MySQL 3.23 or later
- Netezza release 3 or later (requires Netezza ODBC driver
version 3.1.4 or later)
- Oracle 9i or later
- PostgreSQL 7.0 or later
- Teradata 6 or later
- Text files, comma delimited format
- Vertica 2.2.0 or later
All of Tableau’s products are Unicode enabled and compatible with
data stored in any language. The user interface and supporting documentation are in
All of Tableau’s products operate in virtualized environments when
they are configured with the proper underlying Windows operating system and minimum hardware
requirements. These virtualization solutions include VMWare, Microsoft Virtual PC, and Citrix
1) Tableau has been tested and is supported on 64-bit Windows
versions. Tableau is a 32-bit application and does require 32-bit versions of the database drivers,
even when running on 64-bit versions of Windows. 2) Before installing the Tableau Server on your
Windows Vista or XP desktop, Tableau recommends that you consult any applicable license agreements
that may restrict or otherwise limit your ability to install server applications on your desktop
Frequently Asked Questions on Tableau Server